Call for Proposals
2021 Gallery Call
At Ross Creek, we approach each season’s shows as a way of examining a theme or our world through a variety of lenses. We begin with a concept and ask submitting artists to propose a show which takes the word and examines it in their own individual way (or through a group show). We welcome submissions from professionally established artists and craftspeople with a distinct concept for a show based on this theme within our space and in our community. Please note that we also welcome (and encourage) shows where the artist can do a residency at Ross Creek before or during the exhibit, and ask that you consider our audiences (multi-generational) when making your submission.
Revolution: rev•o•lu•tion (ˌrɛv əˈlu ʃən)
- A sudden, complete, or radical change in something: a revolution in church architecture; a social revolution caused by automation.
- A turning round or rotating, as on an axis.
- A complete and forcible overthrow and replacement of an established government.
- The orbiting of one heavenly body around another.
- The rotation of a heavenly body on its axis.
- A cycle of events in time or in a recurring period of time.
Our gallery in 2021 will focus on the world of change, natural, human-led, personal, and/or political, and we encourage artists and craftspeople to make submissions which reflect that theme in whatever way you interpret it, while making a rationale within your submission letter.
We have exhibition throughout 2019 and welcome proposals that include residencies.
CARFAC minimums (project category 1) will apply to accepted submissions.
DEADLINE: November 1. 2020
Interested artists should contact us by email with the following information.
- Current CV
- Artist Statement
- Up to 10 digital images of recent work, with accompanying image list detailing: artist’s name, titles, dates, medium and dimensions of each work
- Any additional relevant material such as publications and critical reviews
- Please detail if you are interested in doing a residency as part of your show and what you would work on.
- Please include slots for which you might be available if we were to offer you a show in the schedule and you were able and interested in travelling to Ross Creek.
You will receive acknowledgement of your submission in 14 days and a final decision will be made 30 days after the application deadline.